Driver CPC - Mod 2 & Mod 4 Initial Qualification
In order to drive a lorry or bus professionally you are required by law to have Driver CPC qualification. The driver CPC consists of two parts:
Module 2 - The case studies and 'theory' part of the training. You will need to pass a computer based multiple choice test. We will supply you with online revision material.
Module 4 - The practical demonstration. Once you have passed the case studies we can arrange the practical demonstration training and test. This is a safe loading and vehicle safety demonstration test using a vehicle. Dulson has an in-house DVSA assessor which makes it easy for drivers to train and test for CPC with Dulson Training. These tests are slightly different for lorry and bus drivers.
We can deliver courses and tests on weekdays or weekends and have a high pass rate for CPC training.Start Now
- 18 years old or over
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence
- Must have a lorry or bus full or provisional entitlement
- Must pass the CPC Module 2 before taking the Module 4
- Must pass the Module 4 in order to receive a Driver CPC qualification card
- The qualification card will expire in five years
- To renew your qualification card you will need an additional five days of Driver CPC periodic training over the course of five years
- We recommend that you take one periodic training course every year in order to fulfil this requirement
Who should train? Why should I train?
In order to drive a lorry or bus professionally you will need a Driver CPC qualification. Driver CPC was introduced in 2008 for bus drivers and in 2009 for lorry drivers. It is designed to improve the professionalism and safety of LGV drivers.
If you already hold a lorry or bus licence but have never used it, or if you are or about to qualify as a new driver, then you are legally required to hold a valid Driver CPC.
What does the training include?
Module 2 Case Studies - A computer test of 50 Multiple Choice questions at any Pearson theory test centre.
We will provide an online revision portal where you can revise the question banks, take mock tests, and practice, practice, practice!
Once you pass this module we can arrange your mandatory Module 4 Practical Demonstration training.