Dulson Training

Buses / Coaches - D1 Minibus

Course Information

If you want to drive a minibus professionally and charge for your services, then as well as holding a standard UK driving licence, you’ll need to take additional driver training and take a test.

Our courses are 1:1 and the duration will depend on your experience and driving level. The average course length is 12 hours, including the test (the course is usually spread over three days).

When you’re fully prepared, you can take the 90-minute driving test at Dulson’s test site. The test covers road driving, reversing, and a safety Q&A.

If you will be driving ‘professionally’ you will also need a two-part Driver CPC. We have our own in-house DVSA Driver CPC assessor and can arrange this as part of your driver training.

We supply everything you need to gain your Cat D1 driving licence or to remove the '101' restriction. The '101' means you may have a D1 licence but it can only be used for 'non-professional' use. You must remove the ‘101’ by following the same steps as someone who needs to add the D1 to their licence.

We will guide you through the process, from the initial application through to passing your test. Teaching staff, outdoor pursuits, and taxi drivers, are a few examples of those who may need a Cat D1 licence. If you need a Cat D1E you will need to pass the D1 first.

Start Now

D1 Minibus

  • Pay Monthly - Finance Available 
  • One-2-One Training 7 Days Per Week
  • Excellent Pass Rates
  • Great Value 
  • Free Assessment 
  • Everything Supplied
  • Take Your Test At Our Private Test Site 
  • Choose Shrewsbury, Telford or Wrexham

Licence Requirements

  • Must be 18 years +
  • Must hold a valid UK Driving Licence

Who should train? Why should I train?

Schools, colleges, universities, charities, community services, activity centres, Scouts, military, taxi companies, and many more organisations and professions may require you to have a D1 minibus licence.

You may be asked to transport people as part of your current job or you may wish to apply for employment that requires you to hold a D1 Minibus licence. If you already have a D1 with a ‘101’ restriction you will need to remove the restriction by completing the licence acquisition steps.

Our experienced team can help to guide you through the licencing requirements for transporting people.

The Process

Request your free application pack.



We can arrange a flexible training course to work around you.

Arrange a Medical.


Apply for your provisional licence.


We'll arrange your free Driving Assessment.



We will book your theory tests and set you up to revise!

Pass your Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception theory tests..

Choose your location and book your course.

Choose your payment option.


Complete the driver training course.



Take the test at one of our private sites.



Complete your Driver CPC if driving professionally.

What does the training include?

Free Training

We provide a free application pack which includes the DVLA forms for the medical exam and provisional application.

Free Training

We provide you with access to online theory revision.

Free Training

You must pass theory tests including Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception.

Free Training

Driver CPC Case Studies and Practical Demo Mod 4 will be required if you will be driving professionally.


We supply a new minibus for you to take your test in which is fitted with reversing cameras.

Free Training

We provide professional driver training to prepare you for the test.

Driving test

We arrange the driving test.