Fleet Training - Defensive Driving
When you look at the fleet of vehicles outside can you then say I am confident that I have given some guidance and feedback or even sent drivers on an awareness course that benefits us both. These could be a small car, minibus or 44 ton articulated HGV or anything in between.
Fleet Driver Training is also known as Defensive Driver Training.
- IS YOUR INSURANCE PREMIUM TOO HIGH - WOULD TRAINING REDUCE IT?
- IS MY MAINTENANCE BILL EXCESSIVE - DRIVER VEHICLE SYMPATHY?
- IF I HAD AN AUDIT WOULD SOMEONE SEE SOME TRAINING HAS TAKEN PLACE?
- WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID A LICENCE CHECK?
As part of our continued driver training programme we would like to discuss opportunities within your business for continued professional development in the way of fleet / driver training. In this technically advanced and modern age both managers and employees are continually under the microscope especially with driver actions and decisions made each day. Whether your company branding is seen on our roads everyday or not people are looking for that extra special service and only willing to go somewhere else if needed, just when you thought that relationship had been forged for the future.
Here at Dulson Training it has been our long term ambition to train and educate both experienced and new drivers so they become even more key to your business and its success.
We are able to put together various packages to suit your business and its driver requirements and as such the list below is not exhaustive. Any training potentially undertaken may be able to be done whilst your employee completes their usual shift although in some circumstances this may also not be possible.
- Do you have a young driver looking to move into van or larger vehicle work ?
- Does your driver have experience but just lacks confidence?
- They already drive a larger vehicle and it's an up-skill that is required?
- You don't have the right vehicle at the moment but want the driver ready for when you do?
Standard course 4 Hours training one to one
Courses can be discussed to fit your business needs.
Training can be delivered at your location using your equipment anywhere in the UK. Or training can be delivered at one of our sites in Shrewsbury, Roden, Telford or Wrexham and using our equipment.
If training is delivered at your location this can include spending time with the driver while they carry out their work duties.
Who should train? Why should I train?
Businesses are becoming more aware that they need to demonstrate their duty of care. Opting to train drivers in fleet defensive driving can help staff to drive more safely and with confidence. The course covers:
- General driving
- Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving (SAFED)
- Daily vehicle safety checks
- Driving with extra weight
- Manoeuvring and parking safely
- Awareness and planning