Dulson Training

 Student Paramedic - Ambulance -Cat C1

Course Information

Cat C1 goods vehicles have a GVW up to 7500kg. If you passed your car test before 1st January 1997 you probably already have the C1 on acquired rights. If you passed your car test after 1st January 1997 you will need to take a DVSA test to drive this vehicle type. Ambulance drivers usually need a C1 and the majority of mid-size delivery lorries and horse-boxes require a C1 licence. If you are going to drive an ambulance or training to become a student paramedic you will need a Cat C1. You can jump straight on to a Cat C (HGV Class 2) and do not have to do the C1 first. The Cat C allows you to drive rigid vehicles up to and over 7500kg.

Our experienced team will guide you through every aspect of the training, from licencing requirements, paperwork, training options, and testing.

Start Now

Dulson Ambulance Student Paramedic Driver Training

  • Pay Monthly - Finance Available 
  • One-2-One Training 7 Days Per Week
  • Excellent Pass Rates
  • Great Value 
  • Free Assessment 
  • Everything Supplied
  • Take Your Test At Our Private Test Site 
  • Choose Shrewsbury, Telford or Wrexham

Licence Requirements

  • Must be 18 years or more
  • Must have a Valid UK driving licence

Who should train? Why should I train?

Cat C1 vehicles are commonly used for horse boxes, mid-size delivery vehicles and ambulances. We will help you to understand the licence requirements for driving these types of vehicles and guide you through the application, training, and qualification processes.

If you have a standard car licence you can jump straight on to the bigger Cat C Class 2. The Cat C is a very similar process to the C1 but will allow you to drive bigger vehicles.

If you are looking for employment options we recommend doing the Cat C because there are more opportunities, increased flexibility, and better salary prospects.

Many UK ambulance services request you to get the Cat C1 before applying for a role.

The Process

Request your free application pack.



We can arrange a flexible training course to work around you.

Arrange a Medical.


Apply for your provisional licence.


We'll arrange your free Driving Assessment.



We will book your theory tests and set you up to revise!

Pass your Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception theory tests..

Choose your location and book your course.

Choose your payment option.


Complete the driver training course.



Take the test at one of our private sites.



Complete your Driver CPC if driving professionally.

What does the training include?

Free Training

We supply everything you need from start to finish and our experienced team is here to help you throughout the process.

Free Training

Our training vehicles are all small, brand new, easy to drive, and fitted with reversing cameras to help you to train with confidence.

Free Training

We provide the DVSA driving test at our test sites.

Pass rates

Our pass rates are exceptional and we have Shropshire’s only private DVSA customer driving test sites, which enable you to train and test at the same site.