Trailer Training - B+E Car and Trailer
Thank you for your enquiry, if you can not find what you are looking for please feel free to contact us on 01952 770659.
We are here to help.
What do I need to do first?
Please choose our experienced, intermediate or novice course and your desired location, Shrewsbury, Telford or Wrexham. We can arrange a free taster session. This is a perfect opportunity to visit one of our sites and find out more about the courses that we offer and try the equipment that we use. It allows us to predict a suitable amount of lessons for you.
What do I need before I start?
You must hold a valid UK driving licence. Min age 17. You do not need a medical or theory test.
Where will I do my course and test?
Our driving courses are available in Shrewsbury, Telford and Wrexham. We have hundreds of driving tests pre booked at these locations. Shrewsbury and Telford are private DVSA test sites used exclusively by Dulson Training for training and tests and the only ones of their kind in Shropshire. We will arrange an intensive training course and test to fit in with your schedule available 7 days a week.
How does the training work?
We supply the equipment you need for the training and test. These are new Nissan Navara’s and tandem axle box trailers, they are easy to drive and easy to reverse. Your lessons will be in the same location as your test. Our experienced instructors will prepare you for the 90 minute test one to one. Covering the reversing exercise, coupling, safety questions and on road driving.
The course is not fixed, we can arrange more or less training depending on your skill and experience. Our popular 8 hour course works very well for most people and produces an excellent pass rate more than double of the national average.
Can I pay monthly?
We are able to spread the costs up to 5 years with variable or fixed APR rates. A credit check and T&C’s apply. You can complete the finance application in your name or someone can apply on your behalf. We can work out a monthly plan depending on your budget by adjusting the deposit and the duration of the credit.
How do I book?
If you would like to arrange a free taster we will provide you with a list of appointments to choose from.
If you would like to skip the taster and book a course we will need to know which course, when you would like to do it and where you would like to do it.
You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our head office on 01952 770659 to discuss.
You already have the correct B+E licence to tow? (Trailer / Caravan Handling Course)
If you passed your car test before 1997 you probably already hold a Cat B+E licence to tow. You may want to improve your skill and confidence when towing or reversing your caravan or trailer. Our certificated (NRI) trailer/caravan handling course is designed to improve your skills and increase your confidence. We can supply the equipment or you can use your own car and caravan.
2 Hours £99
4 Hours £199
- Experienced Course / 5 hours - Suitable for someone with a lot of towing and reversing experience and good local road knowledge. This is a very short course and will only allow time to show you the basics. This course is usually 1 x 5 hour day including the 90 minute DVSA test on the same day.
- Intermediate Course / 8 hours - Suitable for someone with towing and reversing experience and good local road knowledge. This is our most popular course and you will be significantly more prepared for test than the 5 hour course. This course is usually 2 x 4 hours days including the 90 minute DVSA test on the 2nd day.
- Beginner Course / 12 hours - Suitable for someone with no towing and reversing experience. This course is usually 3 x 4 hours days including the 90 minute DVSA test on the 3rd day.
- Pay Monthly - Finance Available
- One-2-One Training 7 Days Per Week
- Excellent Pass Rates
- Great Value
- Free Assessment
- Everything Supplied
- Take Your Test At Our Private Test Site
- Choose Shrewsbury, Telford or Wrexham
- Must be 17 years +
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence
- If you already hold a Cat B+E we offer refresher and caravan reversing courses
Who should train? Why should I train?
If you want to tow a large trailer, horse box, or caravan (usually over 750kg), you will need to take a DVSA test. Most trailers, caravans and horseboxes exceed this weight.
If you are a farmer, groundworks, motorsport enthusiast, or horse rider who drives large vehicles, you may be required to take the B+E test car & trailer test. Once you pass you will receive an updated licence which permits you to drive any vehicle up to 3500kg and tow a trailer up to 3500kg. Please be aware that you must also ensure that your car, van or 4x4, can legally tow the trailer you will be using.
If you drive these vehicles without the correct licence you will be breaking the law. You can receive a large fine, points on your licence, and your insurance will be invalid.